guix-devel

Re: guix package --search-paths

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: guix package --search-paths
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 23:15:40 +0800

> With commit dbc31ab, it is now possible to do things like:
>
>   eval `guix package --search-paths=suffix`
>
> to augment the search path environment variables instead of overriding
> them.
Doesn't the KIND field belong to 'search-path-specification'?
Some variables are exact (GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE, GTK_DATA_PREFIX, etc.)
by definition.

I'd like to add 'GTK_DATA_PREFIX' and 'GTK_EXE_PREFIX' to gtk+
as 'exact' native-search-paths.
They generate value to profile as:
  - /run/current-system/profile, if you have installed xfce system wide.
  - ~/.guix-profile, if you installed xfce into user's profile.
So, the GTK+ themes will work out-of-box.