guix-devel

Re: Daemon update

From: Alex Vorobiev
Subject: Re: Daemon update
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 03:03:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo <at> gnu.org> writes:
> bunch of C++11 lambdas here, a bit of ‘auto’ there.)

Does it mean it can't be installed on systems with older c++ compilers? I
am on RHEL 6.5 which has gcc-4.4.7 and ironically one of my main reasons to
try guix was to be able to install newer versions of various applications
so that they coexisted with the ones which were shipped with the system and
didn't break anything. My current solution is to build everything myself
and use GNU stow to keep it separate.

Thanks,
Alex