guix-devel

Re: Guix Oficial Website

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: Guix Oficial Website
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 13:48:32 -0500

On 2015-05-18 14:45, address@hidden wrote:
Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:53:45AM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
Ludovic suggested before that we could make the download items more compact,
and I agree. For example, instead of having one download item per
architecture, we would have one item for GuixSD and one item for Guix, each of them listing the available download alternatives (architecture, source,
...). For example:

-------------------
GuixSD 0.8.2

USB installer of the Guix System Distribution.

Download for x86_64 (get signature)
Download for xi686  (get signature)
Download for ...    (get signature)

That looks good.

+1

Ludo’.

OK, the new items in the download page would look like in this mock-up:

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/guixsd-downloads-mockup-2015-05-21.png

What do you think?

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo