guix-devel

Re: Website, differentiating GuixSD vs Guix

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Website, differentiating GuixSD vs Guix
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:44:34 +0200

On 2015-05-20 14:22, Paul van der Walt wrote:
Hello Guix,

Minor headache i had, thought i'd share.

Went to the website to download the binary tarball (which seems to work
very well, kudos!), but was bitten by the fact that the GuixSD and GNU
Guix downloads aren't separated. I first ended up with GuixSD instead of
Guix, then after reading way too quickly concluded that i686 was what i
wanted, ended up with the wrong Guix for my platform (x86_64, which is
visually at the end of the "list" containing GuixSD 0.8.2 (x86_64) and
GuixSD 0.8.2 (i686)).

So, i realise i should read more carefully and all, but perhaps a
horizontal rule between the two GuixSD and the 4 GNU Guix downloads
would be nice?

Feel free to call me hasty and myopic or just ignore me. Otherwise it
looks really polished, congrats :)

Ciao,
p.

Hey, Paul, thanks for your feedback.

The items in the download page will be updated to look like in the following mock-up to make them more compact:

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/guixsd-downloads-mockup-2015-05-21.png

Hopefully, the new design will also help people

What do you think about using a “laptop logo” or something for GSD instead of the “package”?

who push buttons without reading (just kidding :)).

Those who don't know the difference between GSD and Guix :)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/