guix-devel

Re: A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics

From: Thompson, David
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 14:04:24 -0400

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM, John Darrington
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 06:43:23PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>                                          We expect to increase
>      interest in GNU Guix this way.
>

> That is a very poor attempt to justify spamming this list.

It's not spam.  Pjotr is a Guix contributor and supporter that is
trying to raise awareness for our project in the bioinformatics
industry.  Pjotr invited me to give a short talk at the Open Bio
Codefest last year, and there was genuine interest in Guix.

- Dave