guix-devel

Re: HTTP and FTP proxies for guix package / guix-daemon

From: 韋嘉誠
Subject: Re: HTTP and FTP proxies for guix package / guix-daemon
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 03:14:59 +0200

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:11 AM, Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make guix-daemon talk to a proxy when downloading
>> substitutions and source archives?
>>
>> I tried starting it with http_proxy set, but I'm not sure it responded
>> to it (as I'm writing this ISTR having read and tested that an updated
>> guix does this right).
>
> Replying to self: Nope, I tried it with guix-0.8.2.5875eb7
> (2015-06-08) and it seems to be ignoring http_proxy and ftp_proxy.

Aaand final reply to self, found this on bug-guix@:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2015-04/msg00072.html

I guess I will just have to wait. But I'll make sure to chime in that
ftp_proxy ought to be honored as well as http_proxy and https_proxy.