guix-devel

Re: guix environment

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: guix environment
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:22:55 -0400

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 09:10:15AM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:55 AM, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Would it be OK to add some RUBY paths?
>>
>> What additional Ruby search paths are needed?  We already have $GEM_PATH.
>
> $GEM_HOME

This one doesn't make sense because it specifies where gems are to be
installed.  Store items are immutable, so one cannot install gems into
them.

> $GEM_SPEC_CACHE

Is this a real search path or can it only point to a single cache
directory?  If the latter, it cannot be a native search path in a
package recipe.

- Dave