guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: boost: Update to 1.58.0.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: boost: Update to 1.58.0.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:28:10 -0400

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> I will push this to a wip-boost branch, and try to build a dependent package
> locally. I wonder if I should base wip-boost on openssl-update; but with
> only 69 dependent packages (if the count is true), it probably does not
> matter.

I see that you pushed this branch and asked Hydra to build it.  First, I
don't think that we should be building a new branch against a version of
openssl with a known security flaw.  It will only have to be immediately
rebuilt again.

I would also prefer to prioritize getting this openssl security fix
deployed, if you don't mind.  Toward that end, I'm going to delete the
jobset on Hydra for now.  If you disagree, can we talk about it?

      Mark