guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: boost: Update to 1.58.0.

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: boost: Update to 1.58.0.
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:32:02 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 04:03:50PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> Can we do this on core-updates instead?  I'm currently working on a
> core-updates branch.  I will push it soon, after I've done some basic
> testing on it.

I would prefer a separate branch - with hydra lagging behind, we tend
to build only the core packages on core-updates, so I think we would not
even see the result of a boost update.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 05:28:10PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> I would also prefer to prioritize getting this openssl security fix
> deployed, if you don't mind.  Toward that end, I'm going to delete the
> jobset on Hydra for now.  If you disagree, can we talk about it?

No problem; I was just in a hurry because I am leaving for a week.
I just created a clean wip-boost branch with the two commits (boost update
and patch) applied on top of the current master. Once openssl-update has
built, could you please rebase wip-boost and try to have it built on hydra?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas