guix-devel

Re: Of sounds and locales

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Of sounds and locales
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:59:44 +0300

address@hidden (2015-07-15 23:08 +0300) wrote:

> Humanists and Magicians,
> i'm very glad to began this journey around BuildYourWorld dimension!
> In particular i've successfully generated the GuixSD station at
> Libreboot X60,
> and it runs like a free deer over the woods!
>
> I apologize if i'm eventually writing to the wrong specific-ml,
> but i was unable to find any guix-user address to propose this
> phenomenons.
>
> In this chapter, i was trying to complete system declaration
> following two quests:
> 1 - add "processor.max_cstate=2" to GRUB's kernel parameters
> 2 - Set an Italian Locale with an UK Keyboard Layout
> The first goal is to turn the laptop from a whistling kettle to a calm
> breeze [1].
> The latter gives me the chance to test Italian locale while using x60's
> GB layout.
>
> Unfortunately, tought several attempts, i was unable to correct/find
> scheme syntax/errors so far.
> Here you can find my current system declaration: [2]
> Very, very, glad for your lecture and vitality.
>
> [1]
> http://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x60#high_pitched_noise_from_the_board_during_low_power_states
> [2] http://pastebin.com/Zd7FNvgR

Please attach your config to the mail as it's not so big to paste it
somewhere (btw people don't like "pastebin" as it won't work with tor).

For the locales, I think you may use something like this:

(operating-system
  (locale "en_US.utf8")
  (locale-definitions
   (list (locale-definition (source "en_US")
                            (name   "en_US.utf8"))
         (locale-definition (source "it_IT")
                            (name   "it_IT.utf8"))))
 ...)