guix-devel

Re: Texinfo in descriptions?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Texinfo in descriptions?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:54:00 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:24:10PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> With Benno being OK, we should start looking at implementing the change.
>
> Is there a consensus on the usefulness of the change? So far (but this may
> be a classical case of confirmation bias) I noticed mainly voices against
> the use of markup or at least with moderated enthusiasm.

With my own bias ;-), I didn’t notice opposition to markup, but I’m
happy to (re)read arguments that I overlooked.

But really, I expect that maybe 80% of the descriptions won’t contain
any markup.  I do not expect markup to become pervasive, though of
course there’ll be a temptation to use @code instead of quotes in some
places, for instance (but I would reject a patch that replaces all
quotes with @code, for example.)

Ludo’.