guix-devel

Re: Create package and guix-daemon

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Create package and guix-daemon
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 16:40:44 -0400

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guix,
>
> I'm tried create a simple package (ipcalc, but in soon I'll try build the
> complex packages), but there's a error with guix-daemon socket:
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix build ipcalc --keep-failed
> ;;; note: source file
> /home/dani/Desktop/development/git/guix/guix/config.scm
> ;;;       newer than compiled
> /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.0/guix/config.go
> guix build: error: failed to connect to
> `/usr/local/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': No such file or directory
>
> I added my user, dani, to guixbuild in my config.scm, and I tried with root
> "guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild" but without success.

Eek!  Remove your user from that group!  Your regular system users
should never be in the guixbuild group.

> Help me :(

The problem is that you haven't configured your Guix development
environment to use the right $localstatedir.  If you're running
GuixSD, you need to configure the Guix you are building from source
like so:

    ./configure --localstatedir=/var

> P.S: I my system there isn't /usr directory.

GuixSD does not conform to the FHS, so there is no /usr.

Hope this helps.

- Dave