guix-devel

Re: TIP: untar binary install tarball using option `--warning=no-timesta

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: TIP: untar binary install tarball using option `--warning=no-timestamp`
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 01:10:03 +0200

"Cook, Malcolm" <address@hidden> skribis:

> Hi,  in Cent0S7 vendor supplies me with:
>
> tar --version
> tar (GNU tar) 1.26

Running ‘git blame’ on tar’s src/extract.c shows that warnings about
zeroed timestamps are no longer issued starting from tar 1.27, released
in Oct. 2013.  I’ve amended the manual to mention that.

> Is there some good practice for following activity on debbugs  at
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix#searchoptions
> It would be great to get an RSS feed or something allowing to watch all new
> bugs and activity on selected  "watched" bugs.  Any such thing exists?

One can subscribe to address@hidden (or via
<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.bugs>) and see all the
activity on all the bugs.

Alternately, if someone only interested in the bug they reported will
automatically receive followups and status change notifications
specifically for that bug, on the address@hidden email address.

HTH,
Ludo’.