guix-devel

Re: Qtwebengine

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: Qtwebengine
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:43:21 +0800

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:34:45PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
>> You could remove or comment out ninja too, it's used to build webengine.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I did and pushed.
>
>> The below are for qt-4?
>
> Yes. I added harfbuzz as an input to qt 5, and took it out again for
> qt-4.
OK.

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 05:07:18PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> 宋文武 <address@hidden> writes:
>> > +1 for remove qtwebengine.
>
> Done and pushed, only for qt 5. I tried the flag "-skip qtwebengine" for qt-4,
> and it was not recognised. Apparently this modularisation appears only
> in qt 5.
Yes, qt4 don't have it.

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:34:45PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
>> (I tried to split Qt into submodules, but it seems to require a lot of
>> effort which I couldn't give now :-( )
>
> I looked into the "submodules" directory on the download server, and also
> tried to search a bit the documentation, but did not quite understand whether
> it was possible to build the different qt libraries separately. My impression
> was that it was not possible. To me, it looks as if these different modules
> first need to be unpacked in a common place and then be compiled all together.
> The same could then be reached by configuring with "-skip this -skip that",
> except that one would not need to download the modules that will not be
> compiled.
It's indeed possible since nixpkgs did it:
<https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/libraries/qt-5/5.4/default.nix>

I think the tricks are at build time for qmake:
<https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/libraries/qt-5/5.4/setup-hook.sh>

And set QT_PLUGIN_PATH, QML2_IMPORT_PATH, etc. at runtime time.