guix-devel

Re: haskell-mode

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: haskell-mode
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 12:11:01 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Alex Kost <address@hidden> wrote:
> Federico Beffa (2015-08-03 10:50 +0300) wrote:

>>> I agree on this, but I don't understand the convention of naming emacs
>>> packages.  What about "geiser", "emms", "magit", "paredit"?  I have a
>>> feeling they shouldn't be renamed into "emacs-geiser", … but I can't
>>> explain why.
>>
>> The discussion on naming was very quick:
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-06/msg00309.html
>>
>> From my point of view, if we want to be consistent we should use the
>> same prefix for all packages providing Emacs libraries/extensions.
>> Choices based on feelings are just going to make things confusing.
>
> I was confused because you proposed to rename only 'haskell-mode'.  I
> think it is better to rename all emacs packages in once.

Right, I only intended to change 'haskell-mode' because I'm probably
the only user of it. But then you mentioned the other emacs packages
and I expressed my opinion on the matter. Changing geiser, paredit,
and other emacs packages is going to be disruptive to the work flow of
many people. That's the reason why I'm not interested in doing this
change myself.

But, I agree that it would make sense to change all of them together.
So, I will not change anything, at least for now.

Regards,
Fede