guix-devel

Re: Add guix install command

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Add guix install command
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:45:16 +0200

On Fri 07 Aug 2015 09:47, Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo (2015-08-05 12:36 +0300) wrote:
>
> I don't mind the new commands, but I think this patch is unacceptable
> because of the huge code duplicating.  Sorry if it was sounded rude

Better to just not be rude, please.  I know "this patch is unacceptable"
made me feel bad when I saw it.  I've been around the block a few times
so it's OK but if I were new to free software I would appreciate a
different way of saying this.  Just something to think about.

> I just think that refactoring needs to be done instead of copying
> pieces from (guix scripts package).

Will do, thanks for the feedback :)

Andy