guix-devel

Re: elogind status

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: elogind status
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:32:17 +0200

On Fri 21 Aug 2015 17:19, 宋文武 <address@hidden> writes:

> I follow the config, and get elogind running up.
> The pam, seat and session things work,
> I can use loginctl or call the dbus method to switch between sessions.

Nice!

> But the reboot and poweroff don't work, which turn out to run the
> systemd special target ;-

Yeah I think they call out to systemd's dbus interface.  Same for
suspend and lid handling.  I am not sure what to do there; I would
rather not fake systemd's dbus interface, because that sounds like a
large compatibility headache.  Perhaps we could invoke hooks instead,
and have distros customize those hooks.  Or perhaps we include systemd's
code to do these tasks, if that code is small.

Andy