guix-devel

Re: elogind status

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: elogind status
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:48:44 +0200

On Fri 21 Aug 2015 12:33, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> To pick up a thread from May, I was poking at elogind recently.  A bit
> of recap as to how things got here, then the status.

I will keep this patch stack up to date at wip-pam-elogind.  On that
branch there's an update to a new elogind that includes systemd's code
to suspend/hibernate/hybrid-sleep the system, as well as new code to
implement the poweroff/halt/reboot things.  Am I the first Guix user
whose laptop actually sleeps when I close the lid? :)  It is a pleasant
feeling regardless.

I think elogind is pretty much done.  We need to arrange to give it a
better configuration file via the service I guess, and there's a
circularity with polkit -- loginctl wants to call out to the setuid
polkit helper to authorize it for things -- but we can fix those as time
goes on.  If people want to start packaging GNOME now, I think next on
the list would be making sure that polkit actually works (I'm not sure
that it does now, Mark has some work on a WIP branch too) and then
packaging gnome-session and gnome-shell.  NetworkManager too.  At that
point we're pretty much there, I think.

Andy