guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2016

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:15:14 +0200

Hello!

Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> skribis:

> I think making the track a Guile track seems like a great approach to
> avoid these issues.

Good, let’s try that.

> I've attached last year's proposal — maybe it would help in formulating
> this year's proposal.  I'm also happy to contribute to the discussion in
> terms of practical questions that I may be able to answer as a result of
> my applications the previous years.  By and large the process is quite
> painless.

So what needs to be done now?  I think there were a couple of talks
proposed already.  We need something like a Guile 2.2 overview talk by
Andy, I suppose (hint! :-)), and other ideas brought by guile-user@
people.

If somebody (Ricardo?) gives a general talk about Guix(SD), I can give
one on a specific topic, for instance gexps and related APIs.

Could you and/or Pjotr collect talks and assemble a proposal?

Thanks,
Ludo’.