guix-devel

Re: Sound volume in XFCE

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: Sound volume in XFCE
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 20:07:50 +0800

白い熊@相撲道 <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I control sound volume in XFCE? guix package doesn't show me any
> XFCE plugins I could install, none come installed by default.
We don't have xfce4-mixer.  it realying on old gstreamer-0.10 (removed)
and "not maintained anymore".
  (http://www.xfce.org/about/news/?post=1425081600)

> I'm fine manipulating volume via alsamixer, however would like the
> little panel plugin so I increase/decrease volume there directly.
If you really need it, feel free to bring gstreamer-0.10 back, then package
the xfce4-mixer.  But I'd like try 'xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin' (comming
soon :-)

> Or is my XFCE install borked? When I click on the Applications start
> menu, many items are missing icons etc, which shouldn't be the case.
It's not broken, but the default settings haven't be tricked.
You should change the icon theme to gnome in 'xfce4-apperance-settings'.