guix-devel

Re: Installing a custom package on Guix binary setup

From: Vicente Vera
Subject: Re: Installing a custom package on Guix binary setup
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:28:12 -0300

Wow, thanks! It worked fine. Instead of Emacs I built a modified R
package, without texlive and icedtea6. After defining the
GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH variable I moved there "my-R.scm", which included:

(define-module (my-r)
  #:use-module ...) ; same as in statistics.scm

(define-public my-r
  (package
   ...)) ; commenting out the unwanted inputs

Then ran 'guix package -i my-r'. Some substitutes were downloaded (I
guess that's not always safe/recommended?), R 3.2.2 got compiled and
that's it!

Now I can call R from the outside (i.e. Emacs and ESS). It complains
about some undefined locales but I'll check that later.