guix-devel

(Not GuixSD) Purpose of ~/.config/guix/ & config. files

From: Vicente Vera
Subject: (Not GuixSD) Purpose of ~/.config/guix/ & config. files
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:45:03 -0300

Hello.

After running 'guix pull' (as root) with a fresh binary installation
directory ~root/.config/guix/ was created, which contains a "latest"
symlink pointing to /gnu/store/...-guix-latest/.

Since I work as a regular user, I noticed that Guix wasn't picking up
changes from the updated distribution. Creating a ~luser/.config/guix/
directory with the same "latest" symlink solved the problem. Now after
every 'guix pull' I have to manually update the symlink.

I was wondering if the ~/.config/guix/ directory is used for something
else apart from the case described above.

On another note, what's the appropiate, Guix-y way of storing
configuration files such as dotfiles, etc. (to be read by Guix
installed programs) when using Guix atop another GNU/Linux distro?