guix-devel

Re: Service refactoring

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Service refactoring
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:18:54 +0000

On Sun 20 Sep 2015 15:42, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> I’m quite happy with the result, but comments are welcome!  I’ll convert
> some more services to see how it goes.

Neat!  Sounds great.  One question: there are some services like colord
or geoclue that don't need to be managed by DMD, but are just declared
as services so that their users are created, there /var/foo directories
are created, etc.  The can be started by D-Bus as needed.  Does the new
design support services of this kind?