guix-devel

Userops Acid Test

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Userops Acid Test
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 11:26:38 -0500

Hello all,

Some of you might know about my interest in making the world of
user-oriented deployment a better one, roughly called "userops".  Here's
a post with some background:

  http://mediagoblin.org/news/userops.html

I decided it might be useful to list properties I think such a system
should provide.  So, here's Userops Acid Test v0.1:

  http://dustycloud.org/blog/userops-acid-test/

These are an implementation-agnostic (or an attempt to be) set of
properties that I think a system needs to provide to make deployment
fairly easy.

I'm interested in helping get Guix to this state; there are some things
that Guix does currently on this list really well, and some things it's
really lacking at the moment.  Anyway, since I'm going to be working on
that more over the next few months, I thought I'd make note of this list
here... maybe others will find it interesting!

 - Chris