guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2016: Call for Participation

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2016: Call for Participation
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:07:53 +0200

Hello,

I think both these topics would be quite interesting.  For the sake of
sharing my previous experience with the FOSDEM application process, we
definitely need to place a heavy emphasis on "technical" talks,
vis-a-vis "community/philosophy" talks — an earlier application for a
"GNU" dev room was turned down in part for its supposed focus on
philosophy and politics.

Don't get me wrong, I for one would love a talk on community expansion,
but we may need to think about the ordering and phrasing in the final
proposal.

HTH,

Alex