guix-devel

No sound in games using sdl-mixer

From: Alex Kost
Subject: No sound in games using sdl-mixer
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 19:58:02 +0300

Hello, I have tried several games that use sdl-mixer (wesnoth, pingus,
gnujump, extremetuxracer) and I didn't get any sound from them.  Does
anyone have this issue?

My audio system is OK, I can play various formats using "aplay", "mpv",
etc., I just don't have sound in those games.

It's just my guess that "sdl-mixer" is the problem, actually I'm
absolutely clueless how to debug it.

I also compiled a simple demo program¹ using our sdl-mixer package, and
the result was the same — no sound.

[1] http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/docs/SDL_mixer_demos.tar.gz

--
Alex