guix-devel

Re: 01/02: gnu: libbluray: Upgrade to 0.9.1.

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: 01/02: gnu: libbluray: Upgrade to 0.9.1.
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:45:44 +0300

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 19:41:32 +0200
Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 06:28:21PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > I think it would be good to be able to watch videos without having to
> > pull Icedtea and its dependencies, if possible.
>
> Notice that since icedtea does not build on arm, this update prevents
> compilation of essentially all video playing software on arm:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org/eval/107331#tabs-now-fail

Yikes! Thats not good at all. That seems like a really good reason to apply
the second patch to take out java and put in the compile flag.

> Also, if the added inputs are not strictly necessary for the update, it
> would have been preferable to create two commits.

I was not as thorough as I should've been during the update process, and I
didn't see the compile flag until after, so at the time I believed it was
necessary.

> Andreas

-Efraim