guix-devel

Re: Outdated config.scm in development repo

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: Outdated config.scm in development repo
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 21:05:14 +0200

"Thompson, David" <address@hidden> writes:

> Some day 'guix environment' will allow one to create a profile and
> register it as a GC root and avoid this issue.

Aha, that indeed sounds like a nice and clean way to solve the general
issue, which I guess is that software built with 'guix environment' does
not have the "privileges" of software built from a package recipe and
put into the store, in particular the privilege of having dependencies
protected from GC.

Looking forward to it. :-)

Taylan