guix-devel

Re: Plan for 0.9.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Plan for 0.9.0
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:27:05 +0200

address@hidden (Taylan Ulrich "Bayırlı/Kammer") skribis:

> I seem to remember 'guix gc' even removing things that are actually
> necessary for building a profile, which is a ubiquitous operation of
> course.  Does anyone know if that's been fixed on the meanwhile,

I think it hasn’t.  :-)

Basically to build a profile, all you need is Guile.  In practice, it is
very likely to already be in the store (on GuixSD, I would say it’s even
difficult to get rid of it.)

Now, that’s another situation where running --gc-keep-outputs
--gc-keep-derivations should help.  These are the only GC knobs that we
have.

It could be that we need other knobs, but I’m not sure what that could be.

Ludo’.