guix-devel

Re: failing packages

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: failing packages
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 22:11:35 +0200

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 12:48:12PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> chicken:
> guix refresh -l chicken: no dependant packages.
> Has not built successfully since early May.
> x86_64: http://hydra.gnu.org/build/701776/nixlog/1 (~1900 lines) runtime tests
> timed out
> armhf: http://hydra.gnu.org/build/701673/nixlog/1 (~4300 lines) tests pass
> (including runtime tests) until ports test
> Error: (line 294) invalid escape-sequence '\x o' => Embedded NUL bytes in
> filenames are rejected.
> mips64el: http://hydra.gnu.org/build/699177/nixlog/1 same as arm
> i686: http://hydra.gnu.org/build/698575/nixlog/1 same as x86_64

Should we simply drop this? Or would someone like to try an update to the
most recent version 4.10.0?

> fastcap:
> fails on all hardware targets.
> has not built successfully since August 1st.

Does the software really date from 1992 as the filename suggests?!
Here only the documentation does not build; maybe the fix-doc phase should
be modified? Is anybody interested in the package, or should we drop it?

> gnurl:
> fails on all targets.
> test 46 fails. updating to 7.40.0 also fails at test 46. 7.43.0 is missing
> install.sh, so it doesn't build. currently waiting on 7.44.0 from gnunet.

I reported this already before your message in a private e-mail to upstream,
and will try to report it in some bug tracker.

Andreas