guix-devel

Re: Haskell Platform patchspam

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Haskell Platform patchspam
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:24:27 +0200

Howdy!

Paul van der Walt <address@hidden> skribis:

> I thought it'd be easier to review my patches if i pushed them to a
> feature branch, since after mailing them i have made some minor changes,
> including:
>
> * running `guix lint ..` on all of the packages; no more issues
>   reported.
>
> * all patches now contain one and only one new variable
>
> So, without further ado, i present the feature branch
> `wip-haskell-platform-7.10.2-a` [0]!  As far as i'm concerned, the
> patches are ready for prime-time, but i will of course wait for your
> collective input before merging into master.

Excellent!

I think we are obviously reaching the limits of our review process here.
So what I would suggest is to leave, say, 4 more days for people to
review the branch and send any suggestions.

On your side, if you haven’t already done that, please pass the packages
through ‘guix lint’ (which has gotten hopefully faster, thanks to your
recent complaint ;-)) and double-check the guidelines in the “Submitting
Patches” section of the manual.

After 4 days have passed, if there are no further comments, feel free to
rebase the branch on ‘master’ and to merge it there.

Thanks again for the herculean work!

Ludo’.