guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: gnurl: Update to 7.44.0.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: gnurl: Update to 7.44.0.
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:59:59 +0200

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:36:58 +0200
> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>> > I have also updated curl to 7.45.0.
>> >
>> > $ guix refresh -l curl
>> > Building the following 82 packages would ensure 142 dependent
>> > packages...
>>
>> Sounds OK to me.
>>
>> > Is it okay to push to master, or should I wait for the next core-updates
>> > cycle?
>>
>> ‘core-updates’ is for updates of the core: libc, gcc, coreutils, GMP,
>> etc.  Here that would be a ‘curl-update’ or something like that.
>>
>> Ludo’.
>
> The concern is more about the numbers of packages that would be rebuilt from
> pushing the update

Yes, sure.  What I meant to say is that it’s often preferable to have
focused branches, than to have break-the-world branches where it can be
hard to find out what specific upgrade broke something.

Of course we’re limited by the available CPU power on Hydra, so we can’t
just have one branch being built for each package upgrade.

Ludo’.