guix-devel

Re: 80 new build failures for MIPS on the 'dbus-update' branch

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: 80 new build failures for MIPS on the 'dbus-update' branch
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:43:29 +0200

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:09:07PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:
> > Do you see where this comes in? The git commits in dbus-update do not
> > mention p11-kit, and
> >    $ guix graph gnome-terminal | grep p11
> > returns nothing.

Sorry, I was confused here and did not check with the dbus-update branch.

> oops, It's introduced by:
>   gtk+ -> rest -> libsoup -> glib-networking -> p11-kit
> if we can't fix p11-kit on mips, then rest can be removed from gtk+.
> it's used for “cloud printing”.

This looks like a good temporary fix, to disentangle the dbus-update branch.
My impression is that we should not have changed so much at the same time,
anyway, and instead have concentrated on the dbus-update and closely related
modifications, then merged back, then done other modifications and updates
like gtk+.

> maybe not releated, the build log of p11-kit
> <http://hydra.gnu.org/build/736459/log/raw> have:
>   ffi.h:224:5: warning: "HAVE_LONG_DOUBLE_VARIANT" is not defined
> which is fixed in the newer version (3.2.1) of libffi.

Interesting, so maybe the problem will be solved; then we can still add
rest as an input to gtk+ again.

Thanks!

Andreas