guix-devel

Re: Update MPlayer to 1.2

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Update MPlayer to 1.2
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:14:24 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 04:56:55PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> I saw that mplayer 1.2 came out recently. I wanted to make sure that the
> patch was good as is, and shouldn't be split. Since the last release,
> libdvdnav and libdvdcss are no longer packaged, so I added them to the
> inputs. Also, I found the config flag to use the shared ffmpeg library, so I
> added that in, and I took out the depreciated config flag that was there
> before.
> mplayer 1.2 will build with just the flag removed, but it seemed to me that
> we didn't want to use the bundled ffmpeg so I tossed it and the two libdvds
> in.

this is an overall useful patch! I executed
   $ guix gc --references
/gnu/store/wadr15hfyvcn4zg2zj2ygqb8ypkzsg48-mplayer-1.2
and indeed libvorbis is referenced, so the flag you removed is apparently
not needed any more.

However, there is no trace of libdvd*. Looking at the build log on hydra:
   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/756649/log/raw
I find:
Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... no
Could you have a look at what went wrong, and whether we need a configuration
flag?

Maybe it would also be good to remove the bundled ffmpeg copy from the
source, using a snippet.

Is there any other bundled software?

Thanks for your work!

Andreas