guix-devel

Re: Where is (guix ui)?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Where is (guix ui)?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 04:18:11 +0100

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 03:11:13PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> The problem is not in your build tree: the error reported here comes
> from ‘guix substitute’, which is invoked by ‘guix-daemon’.

Thanks for this observation, and sorry for not noticing it myself!

> Above, we see that /usr/local/guix-git/bin/guix is being run, so maybe
> this /usr/local/guix-git installation is corrupt or incomplete?

Yes indeed, as I had deleted a .scm file, I wanted to make sure it was not
installed any more, and removed the entire /usr/local/guix-git/share/guile/
directory. I was not aware that guix-daemon was not a stand-alone binary,
thanks for pointing it out!

Andreas