guix-devel

Re: Reproducible builds: a means to an end

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Reproducible builds: a means to an end
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:22:48 +0800

Hi again,

On 20/11/2015, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alex Vong <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Beside the technical side, I think it is also a conceptual problem. If
>> we were to add the `determinism` tag globally, then all of the GNU
>> projects using <debbugs.debian.org> will be able to use this new tag.
>> I am conservative towards this, and would rather make the
>> `determinism` tag be the usertag of address@hidden
>
> If it’s a user tag of address@hidden, does that mean that it would
> automatically show up on bugs.gnu.org/guix, even when not explicitly
> specifying a user?  Would M-x debbugs show it too?  :-)

For the web interface, I think no. You will need to pass the
`users=foo` parameter to let it show up.. Otherwise,  the website
interface could become very messy, if everyone adds him/her favourite
tag.

For emacs-debbugs, I think yes! When you type `M-x
debbugs-gnu-usertags`, you get a list of usertags used by the user
with name "emacs", so apparently emacs is using usertags! To list
usertag for a specific user (take "address@hidden" as an
example), the debbugs info page suggests to evaluate the elisp
function `(debbugs-gnu-usertags "address@hidden")` and it
works.

> If the answers are yes, then go for it!

The answer is half yes and half no. What is your idea?

> Ludo’.

Cheers,
Alex