guix-devel

Re: Including additional modules in dmd services

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Including additional modules in dmd services
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:03:51 +0100

David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:

> Am I just doing it wrong?  If it's a real limitation, what would be the
> best way to specify the additional modules needed?  I looked around at
> the various dmd services and couldn't find any other examples of needing
> macros from another module.  I would love to know how to resolve this so
> that I can continue my quest of managing user SSH keys with a dmd
> service.

No you’re not doing it wrong!  It just happens that the current list of
modules visible to dmd code is hard-coded in ‘dmd-configuration-file’,
in (gnu services dmd).

Short-term workaround is to add (ice-9 match) there.

Longer-term, I’d like to have each service in its own file, with its own
set of modules.  ‘dmd-service’ would presumably have a new ‘modules’
field for that.

I’ll look into it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.