guix-devel

Re: Funding the build farm

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Funding the build farm
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 11:53:06 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 07:29:55PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> So, what can we do?  We could go to another fiscal sponsor for free
> software projects in the US, either Conservancy or SPI, Inc., but they
> may redirect us to the FSF because we’re GNU.
>
> We could look for something similar in Europe but I don’t know of any.
>
> Or we could just create a bank account (I want to avoid PayPal) and
> possibly a non-profit and do it ourselves.  But this has drawbacks, see
> <https://lwn.net/Articles/548558/> for instance.

Definitely I am in favour of creating a French "association loi 1901".
>From what I have heard of diverse clubs I am a member of, this is rather
easy; but so far I have not had the time to look into it.

It may still be interesting to also go via the FSF. This would mean bank
accounts in the euro and the dollar currency spaces, and it might be easier
for US donors to deduce donations from their taxes.

Andreas