guix-devel

Re: Tor hidden services

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Tor hidden services
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 11:11:41 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> Are there any technical advantages to using lsh instead of OpenSSH, or
> is the primary advantage the copyleft license?

Various things are designed differently, which you may or may not like
(for instance the SPKI-inspired ‘lsh-authorize’
vs. ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, ‘lshg’ on the client side, use of Nettle
rather than OpenSSL for crypto primitives, etc.)

I like lshd but my growing concern is that it hasn’t seen new releases
in a while and its default cipher suites need to be updated, for
instance.

Ludo’.