guix-devel

Re: proposal: add "packagers" field (list of strings (names)) to package

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: proposal: add "packagers" field (list of strings (names)) to package definition
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 16:12:22 +0000

On Wed 02 Dec 2015 14:59, Florian Paul Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> Aww, too bad. I think it's a missed opportunity to be inclusive and
> generous with attribution which might motivate people to contribute.
> Guix is in a unique position with this opportunity.

If there are other ways we can recognize people's work, we should
consider them :)  Think of it this way though, a packager is a person
who packages.  The value is in the verb, not the noun; packaging is an
ongoing process.  We should reward the process, via NEWS, and perhaps in
other ways.

Besides, no one wants to be the person that removes a name from a list
of a package's packagers!

Andy