guix-devel

Re: Test failure of ilmbase-2.2.0 on i686-linux (testBoxAlgo.cpp)

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Test failure of ilmbase-2.2.0 on i686-linux (testBoxAlgo.cpp)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 22:11:06 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 06:06:25PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Leo, and thanks for the perfect upstream bug report!
>
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > [1]
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2015-11/msg00179.html
>
> Small comment: address@hidden is linked to the bug tracker at
> <http://bugs.gnu.org/guix>.  It is best to refer to the bug by canonical
> URL, <http://bugs.gnu.org/22049> in this case, and to Cc:
> address@hidden, so we keep track of the discussion.

D'oh! I made a note of this practice in the past but it slipped my mind.

> I reckon this is probably not obvious to someone who hasn’t used
> bugs.gnu.org before; maybe we should fix our documentation?

It's a good idea, especially for new packagers like me. I suppose under
packaging there could be a brief description of how to write a good bug
report in general as well as Guix-specific things like how to reference
the bug. As well as a reminder to practice rubber-duck debugging before
sending the bug report ;)