guix-devel

Shared reproducibility issue database

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Shared reproducibility issue database
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 17:42:10 +0100

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

>  * Shared reproducibility issue database
>
>    Currently we have a bunch of patches and open reproducibility issues
>    at <http://bugs.gnu.org/guix>, but they feel lonely!  The Debian
>    folks have a Yaml database (recutils would be nice, but hey!) that is
>    used to generate the pages at <https://reproducible.debian.org/>.
>    They are kindly offering to open it to other distros, so that we can
>    all work together instead of duplicating work.  Expect updates on the
>    practical details soonish.

An update!  You can already do:

  git clone git://git.debian.org/git/reproducible/notes.git

to access the database, which may contain useful hints in packages.yml.

Furthermore, the fine hackers on #reproducible-builds on irc.oftc.net
said they’re happy to give accounts to people who ask.  So you can go to
alioth.debian.org, ask for an account, and then click on “Request to
join” at <https://alioth.debian.org/projects/reproducible>.

However, note that the database hasn’t been converted yet to the
distro-independent format that we discussed at the meeting.  This will
happen probably sometime in January.  Until then it probably doesn’t
make much sense for us to modify it.

Ludo’.