guix-devel

Re: Short writeup on deterministic system configuration with GNU Guix

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: Short writeup on deterministic system configuration with GNU Guix
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 11:04:31 +0100

Hi Pjotr,

Nice text.  I like the journey following sudo that you took, instead of
providing a broad overview in general.  I have a few suggested
corrections:
- There are a couple of paren issues (Github highlights them, I guess
  some of them may be the result of only partially copying sexps).
- " system services, timezone and locale settings, user accounts—"
                                                 ^- and instead of ,
- "next copied to /etc and finally permissions are set."
       ^- it is                   ^- its
- "should only be done when it has a clear purpose"
                            there is a good reason to do so
- " it free from"
    ^- replace it with is
- "because the require"
              ^- y
- "allows for creating new Guix expressions."
  Not sure what this means — was it left there from a previous version?
- "Alternatively create"
                 ^- you can
- "create the packager"
                     ^- drop the r
- "The next evolutionary step, light-weight containers in conjunction
   with GNU Guix, system administration"
   Maybe "The next evolutionary step in systems administration,
   light-weight containers in conjunction with GNU Guix,"

HTH!

Alex