guix-devel

Re: wip-refactor-emacs-ui and Hydra interface

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: wip-refactor-emacs-ui and Hydra interface
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 23:23:49 +0100

Hi Alex!

Sorry for the late reply.  I wanted to take the time to sit back, relax,
and enjoy the new stuff…  and I haven’t been disappointed!  :-)

This is awesome.  Some queries seem to take longer on Hydra than others
(for instance, getting the list of builds of a given jobset is slow,
whereas getting the list of latest builds, queued builds, etc. is pretty
fast.)  At any rate, navigating all this from the familiar interface is
great.

Perhaps one small improvement would be to add links from Package Info
buffers to the corresponding Guix Hydra Build Info?

I haven’t looked at the code yet, but it’s your area of expertise and
I’m confident.  :-)  I skim over it when you think it’s ready; are there
parts you’d like to be reviewed more carefully?

Anyway, let me know what you think and how you’d like to proceed.

Thank you!

Ludo’.