guix-devel

repot: problems building guixsd in Asia

From: Dika Setya Prayogi
Subject: repot: problems building guixsd in Asia
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:01:48 +0700

building guixsd in Asia with guix system init become very slow to
download package. to many timeout result in http error, switching with
--no-subtitutes goes the same but looks like it can fix the http error
with the cost of double download the packages. finally all packages
has been build but sadly grub-install returned an error that made me
init with --no-grub option.

 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't
support embedding.
 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB
can only be    installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However,
blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
 /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup: error: will not proceed with blocklists.

can anyone give me a suggestion ? I do an usual cfdisk /dev/sdb with
default size and mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb then mount it, this method just
work with my previous linux libre os. Im already pointed my dev in
mnt/etc/config.scm, oh yes the device is the same 16gb toshiba
flashdisk