guix-devel

Re: Guix website

From: Ni*
Subject: Re: Guix website
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:32:10 +0100

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> writes:

> I just had a look at the Guix website and it appears to advertise
> liberating, dependable and hackable.
>
> Now I am not going to say this is bad, it appeals to *me*, but it does
> address hackers more than system administrators who ought to switch to
> GNU Guix. The man who wrote this
>

> http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201503/2015031201-the-sad-state-of-sysadmin-in-the-age-of-containers.html
>
> should have mentioned Guix. Right?
>
> So, what can we change to attract the right crowd? I strongly suggest
> to weigh in on 'reproducible software deployment', security and
> certification.
>
> What do you think? Can we first and foremost pitch reproducibility?
> More and more people will start to understand the binary installation
> problem and look for *real* solutions that can handle complexity. They
> will come to us and tell their *hackers* to look into it ;)
>
> Pj.
>
> (PS Thanks Dave for the link).

In my opinion if the selfdescription is to be changed, it should still
reflect that it is hackable, liberating and dependable, I think this is
a good description too.
So something like "GNU/Guix - your hackable, liberating and dependable
(...) with an emphasis on/move towards reproducible builds." or
something better than this sentence.

--
ng/Ni*
http://libertad.pw:8080