guix-devel

Re: Freezing core-updates soon

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Freezing core-updates soon
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 17:21:33 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:13:59 +0100
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > On the python front, I count python, python2 and python-setuptools.
>
> OK.
>
> > On the `guix refresh -t gnu` front, I see gnutls, libgpg-error, libtasn1,
> > libgcrypt and gettext
> >
> > Also on the "massive rebuild list," off the top of my head, is tzdata
>
> I see.
>
> Could you look into it, starting with the GNU updates?  Once you’re
> done, we’ll ask Hydra to rebuild the branch (changes to core-updates do
> not automatically trigger Hydra, to reduce load.)
>
> TIA!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Sure. I'm currently rebuilding to "mc" after updating tzdata (since my
country can't get our timezones set more than a few months in advance...),
but then I'll get right on the gnu ones.

By comparison, the python set "only" has a rebuild cost of ~750 packages.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר