guix-devel

Working with VMs

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Working with VMs
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 15:57:57 -0500

I've been trying to get started with Guix's virtual machine tools. As a
person without much QEMU experience, I have some questions.

I'd like to use `guix system vm-image`. Should I be using the scripts
produced by `guix system vm` as an example of how to invoke QEMU to run
the images produced by `vm-image`?

Also, has anyone use `guix system vm` to spawn systems on demand? If so,
did you do anything special to provide entropy to the system? On my
machine, the boot process requires me to tap-dance on the keyboard...