guix-devel

Re: icedtea-1, icedtea-2 security updates

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: icedtea-1, icedtea-2 security updates
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 08:27:14 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> There are security updates for icedtea-1 [0] and icedtea-2 [1]. The
> updated versions are 1.3.10 and 2.6.4, respectively.
>
> I spent some time trying to build these new versions but I am having
> trouble.

Thanks for trying!  I won’t be able to attend to this before Tuesday, so
it’s nice that somebody else is taking care of this.

> The upstream tarballs contain their own patches on the bundled OpenJDK
> source code. For both icedtea-1 and icedtea-2, some of these patches
> fail to apply.

Not only icedtea (i.e. the patches to the OpenJDK sources to make it
buildable with free software) has to be updated, but also the “drops”.
Drops are upstream OpenJDK source tarballs.

So for icedtea-6 this means the "openjdk6-src" input must be changed to

    https://java.net/downloads/openjdk6/openjdk-6-src-b38-20_jan_2016.tar.gz;

for icedtea-7 all of the added native-inputs must be changed, i.e:
"openjdk-src", "corba-drop", "jaxp-drop", "jaxws-drop", "jdk-drop",
"langtools-drop", "hotspot-drop".

The icedtea-7 package has a function to build origins from names and
hashes, so you will just need to update the version and the individual
drop hashes.  You can get all the icedtea-7 drops here:

    http://icedtea.wildebeest.org/download/drops/icedtea7/2.6.4/

Hope this helps!

~~ Ricardo