guix-devel

Re: OpenJDK support

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: OpenJDK support
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:26:33 +0100

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 04:22:25PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > We are bootstrapping with GCJ.
>
> And kudos to you Ricardo for doing the right thing.  It’s much more
> confidence-inspiring than the above snippet.  :-)

Yes, it is very impressive in fact. Of course the journey starts here.

Maven provides similar functionality as rubygems, e.g.

  http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/junit/junit

this could mean we can write an import command that fetches
dependency info from maven.

It looks like we can tell maven to find jars on the local
system. Jars we have built already. So we can use it as a
build system. I think that is a prerequisite.

Even so, getting all these jars built is going to be quite a job...

Pj.